Photobucket Photobucket
WELCOME to our site of events for homeschoolers specifically near Keene, NH, southern NH, southeastern VT and northwestern MA! Visit daily for new events listed. See the About page for more details or to submit an event.

Popular Day

Group for unschooling familes forming in NH

"Unschooling takes a shift when your child enters the preteen and teen years. I'm forming a group for parents of unschooled preteens and teens so we can talk about issues that come up and work together to figure
them out.

I'd like to hold our first get-together on Monday, March 19 from 7-9ish. I can host - I live in Milford NH about a block from the Milford Oval. Preteens and teens are welcome to come too. While we talk they can hang out, play games or walk to the park or Oval, depending on their family's comfort level, the weather and if it's dark yet. We also have a big backyard with a patio are and a small fire pit. Walking distance from our house are two town parks, a skatepark, the library and the Milford Oval with shops and restuarants, including an ice cream stand and a Chinese restuarant that sells bubble tea.

 My daughters are 13 and 16 years old. We've been homeschooling for 7 years and unschooling probably more than 5 years - I don't remember exactly when we started. We are whole-life unschoolers, meaning we extend unschooling principles to all areas of our lives including chores, food and media. My older daughter, Anna, was part of the teen/young adult panel at Sandra Dodd's 2011 AlwaysLearning Live Symposium in Albuquerque, and I recently began writing for the online magazine Life Learning. Before we began homeschooling I served for 5 years on the Milford School Board, so understand how to work with school districts in New Hampshire. I hope to hear from you!

Let me know if you want to attend, or if you can't come on March 19th and want to attend in the future. I'm not tied to Monday nights - the 19th happened to be an evening that I was free. If you already have commitments on Monday nights, let me know and maybe next month we can do it on a different day of the week."

Best wishes, Cara Barlow
carabarlow@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in attending. My email is padawans3@peoplepc.com
    Thanks, Peggie Greenough

    ReplyDelete